We specialize in working on behalf of the following types of institutions/funds:
- Asset Managers
- Family Offices
- Feeder Funds
- Financial Institutions
- Listed Vehicles
- Secondary Funds
- Sovereign Wealth Funds
- Wealth Managers
- Corporate Investors
- Hedge Funds
- Holding Companies
- Private Equity Funds
- Real Estate Funds
- Venture Capital Funds
For Limited Partners
- Initial Assessment: Understand seller objectives
- Decision Point: Evaluate options with the seller
- Pre-Marketing: Create relevant transaction materials and coordinate with GPs
- Initial Marketing: Obtain indicative feedback and non-binding pricing from prospective buyers
- Offer Evaluation: Provide analysis on the strength of offers
- Final Marketing: Reaproach vetted and qualified buyers to obtain binding bids and proposals
- Final Decision and Sale Negotiation: Review final bids
- Legal Documentation: Prepare, review, and finalize all relevant closing documentation (PSA, transfer agreements, final investment schedules, etc.)
- Final Closing Steps: Verify closing details, amounts, and timing with general partners, buyer(s), and seller
Brant Street's buy-side services are designed for use by both traditional and non-traditional buyers seeking to acquire LP interests.
- Secondary Funds & Fund of Funds - For investors that are looking to add to their existing secondary portfolio, our team will proactively approach prospective sellers of funds on their shortlist for which bids are top-of-market
- Non-Traditional Buyers - For investors with minimal existing secondaries exposure, or those looking to backfill vintage years, our team advises on the many considerations that go into building a portfolio through the secondary market, such as an appropriate asset mix (LBO, VC, middle-market, etc.), funds, sizes, geography mix, and more.
Selling exposure to a fund portfolio and providing a buyer with a preferred return with the sharing of upside beyond certain thresholds.
For Fund Managers and Direct Investors
For fund managers that would like to extend the life of their funds and recapitalize their investor base with the option for additional follow-on capital.
Coordinate, via the GP, the replacement of an investor or offer liquidity to all LPs via a tender offer.
For investors and fund managers that would like to sell private assets from the portfolio directly to a secondary buyer, either opportunistically to crystalize gains or as the final term of the fund is ending. Common asset profiles include:
- Co-investments alongside PE fund managers
- Illiquid or thinly traded public securities
- Minority interests in private companies
- Loan portfolios, custom financial instruments, etc.
For investors and fund managers that would like to realize early, partial liquidity in order to make follow-on investments or manufacture interim distributions, in exchange for upside sharing.
Flexible capital to support a specific company or a portfolio of investments at the fund level.
Revolving credit facility backed by private assets.
Periodic, coordinated company-sponsored offering to purchase shares from investors and shareholding employees by a new or existing investor.